Books & Items to Borrow
Books, videos, newspapers, tribal papers, magazines, atlases.
Native American Book Collection
Fax Machine & Copier
- B&W .10 cents per copy
- Color .20 cents per copy: email the page to staff to print in color
- The library will send and receive faxed documents for patrons and area residents.
- The fax fee is $1.00 for the first five pages, and an additional dollar for pages five through ten, and so on.
- An international fax will cost $2 per page.
- Our fax number is (715) 588-7101
Get a Library Card
Area residents wishing to get a library number in our system need to come in and fill out a brief form.
We now require two forms of identification with matching addresses.
- The applicant will need a current Driver’s License and another form of identification with a matching address.
- This identification can be a letter or another piece of mail that provides proof of an established address.
- Persons not in possession of a Driver’s License will need to provide some other form of identification which includes a photo and address.
- A library number will be issued in our system for the patron.
- The number will be valid for one year, at which time it can be renewed.
- Parents may fill out a form for children to have their own number issued.
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of 18 are responsible for items checked out to their minor children.
- “Summer” residents will be issued library numbers with proof of their local summer address. Their winter address will also be requested for our records.
- We do have a checkout limit for new patrons. This is due to problems we have in recent years with patrons moving out of town without returning library items.
- These checkout limits were established by the Library Board.
- New Family accounts have a limit of six items per checkout. New patrons with individual accounts may checkout two items per visit.
- Increased checkouts are at the discretion of the library staff and based on a patron’s return history.
The comunity is welcome to use the meeting rooms for groups.
The Library carries some of the basic tax forms for the
current year. These are available for the public to stop in and pick up
each January through mid-April.
We suggest that people know which tax forms they personally need before they come in to pick them up.
The Library is happy to provide the Interlibrary Loan system for our patrons. If there is an item we don’t own, we are always happy to try to borrow it from another library for our patron upon request.
Library patrons with a request:
- Can call in their request to library staff 715-588-7001
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Or make the request in person at the library. Library staff will then put the request into WISCAT.
Patrons are notified by telephone when the item has been received at our library.
Patrons are asked to remember that newer items are usually not available for several months. The availablity of the item will depend on the age, demand, and the number of holdings throughout the state.
There is no charge for our patrons to use this service.
The only cost that could occur, would be for items lost or damaged by the patron.
Computers & Wifi
Basic Computer and Internet Information
- Computer and Internet users must check in at the circulation desk.
- Young people under the age of 18 must have a consent form filled in by a parent or guardian in order to use the Internet.
- Computer users are limited to one hour sessions unless no one else is waiting for computer time.
- There is a two hour per day maximum limit of computer use per person.
- The library is not responsible for any information or sites obtained by the computer user.
- Anyone caught using pornographic sites will receive a warning the first time. A second offense will result in the suspension of privileges for six months. A third offense will result in a suspension of privileges for an additional one year period.
- Copies may be made for a fee. Black and white copies are 20 cents per page and colored copies are 25 cents per copy.
- The library staff can offer basic assistance in getting started with the computers.
- Patrons with specific programs should have personal knowledge of the program and manage it on their own.
Wireless Internet Access
- The Library offers wireless Internet access to our patrons and visitors.
- This is a free, unfiltered wireless Internet access.
- The wireless connection can be found as “publiclibrary” under network connections on your laptop computer.
- Patrons are cautioned that security for personal data and wireless devices rests solely with the owner of the wireless device.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of the patron’s equipment or for any damage that might occur to a patron’s computer configurations or data resulting from connection to the library’s wireless access.
- Library staff can only offer basic assistance in getting started with the wireless network. Staff members are not trained to assist in troubleshooting problems with patron’s personal devices.
- Library power outlets may not always be available.
- The library does not guarantee that patrons will always be able to make a wireless connection.
- Violation of policies and regulations that govern the use of the library’s Internet resources may result in the suspension or loss of privileges to use these resources.
- Any illegal activity involving the library’s Internet resources will be subject to prosecution by the appropriate authorites.
- The Library provides free access to the Internet as an informational, educational and recreational resource.
- The library expects that all use of the electronic resources will be responsible and consistent with the purpose for which these resources are provided. The Library does not monitor, or filter Internet use.
- The library has no control over the information accessed through the Internet, and is not responsible for it’s content.
Acceptable Use Guidelines
- All users of the computers and the Internet are expected to use these resources in a responsible manner and follow these guidelines.
- Computer use is for educational, informational and recreational purposes only. It is NOT to be used for any unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes.
- Respect the privacy of others using the workstations, by not interfering with their use.
- Make only authorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software or data.
- Do not send, receive or display text or graphics which may be reasonably considered obscene.
- Do not alter the setup or configuration of any library hardware or software.
- Do not engage in any activities which might be disruptive to other library users.
Children and the Internet
- Children under the age of 18 must have an Internet Consent Form signed by their parent or guardian before they are allowed to use the Internet.
- The parent or guardian has the sole responsibility to determine what is an acceptable age for their child to start using the Internet. As with other library materials, restrictions of a child’s access to the Internet is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- The library cannot control the information young people may find on the Internet. For these reasons, the supervision of children using the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Using the Internet
- Learning to use the Internet is best done by doing.
- The library staff will be able to get you started, but will not be able to assist computer users with individual problems or specific programs.
- The library staff reserves the right to impose restrictions on users of the Internet if deemed necessary.
- Any patron with ten dollars or more in fines will not be allowed to use computers until their fines have been paid.
- The Library has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or validity of it’s content.
622 Peace Pipe Road
Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
Lac du Flambeau Public Library
PO Box 729
Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
Phone & Fax
Phone: (715) 588-7001
Fax: (715) 588-7101
Friday 9:30-4:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
(Closes earlier if no patrons are present at Noon)